The post Acceptable Proof of Insurance article
about insurance this times many people want to know !! Today, Begin
insuranceblog.us find Acceptable Proof of Insurance more this post
! You are watching chủ đề về : “Acceptable Proof of Insurance” Đánh
giá về Acceptable Proof of Insurance
Motor vehicle owners and lessees are required by law to maintain continuous Georgia Liability Insurance coverage on vehicles with active registrations. Driving a vehicle while the registration is suspended, revoked or cancelled is a criminal offense. Additional penalties will apply, if convicted of driving a vehicle with a suspended or cancelled registration.
Acceptable Proof of Georgia Vehicle Liability Insurance Coverage
- Proof of insurance, filed by your insurance company, in the
Department of Revenue’s database. Coverage can be verified
using DRIVES e-Services Registration and Insurance Status.
- If your search shows insurance coverage then your coverage is on file with the state.
- If your search shows no coverage, contact your insurance
company immediately to:
- Obtain insurance, or
- Report that coverage is not entered in the state database.
- Rental agreement is for a vehicle that is rented, not leased – must be carried in the rental vehicle while being driven.
- Fleet Insurance Policy Card – must be carried in vehicle at all times while vehicle is being driven.
- Bill of Sale, dated within 30 days of the date the vehicle was purchased, and a valid insurance binder page (usually the top page of an insurance policy) issued by a Georgia licensed insurer.
- A valid Self-Insured Insurance Card and a Certificate of
Self-Insurance must be carried in vehicle at all times
- A self-insurer is any owner who has an approved self-insurance plan on file with the Georgia insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner’s Office. This plan provides coverage, benefits and efficient claims handling procedures equal to those provided by an automobile liability insurance company and complies with all state laws, rules, and regulations. A certificate of self-insurance information issued by the Georgia Insurance and Safety Commissioner’s Office (ICO) must also be carried to qualify as acceptable proof of insurance coverage.
- Valid Insurance policy information card for Georgia
International Registration Plan (IRP) plans must be carried in the
vehicle at all times.
- This information care is issued in the registered owner’s name by a Georgia Licensed insurer and must display the vehicles identification number (VIN).
Watch more videos on the same topic : Model Cars Falling On The Chili Powder Water One By One
✅ People also view : lv insurance login
Vehicle owner/lessees must provide Acceptable Proof of Insurance to:
- Register and receive a Georgia license plate on their vehicle
- Renew, transfer or replace their Georgia license plate
- Legally drive or maintain an actively registered vehicle
✅ People also view : martin lewis travel insurance pre existing medical conditions
By law, the Georgia Department of Revenue must:
- Suspend or revoke registration of any vehicle that does not have continuous Georgia Liability insurance coverage
- Fine the vehicle owner/lessee $25 for any lapse of coverage while vehicle is actively registered
- Fine the vehicle owner/lessee up to $160 in addition to the $25 fine if the lapse of coverage fine is not paid within 30 days.
- Refuse to renew or reinstate vehicle registration for any of
- Fines have not been paid
- An unresolved lapse of coverage
- Vehicle is not insured
Motor vehicle owners/lessees are required to:
- Maintain continuous Georgia liability insurance coverage on vehicles with active registrations.
- Immediately cancel the vehicle registration for any vehicle no longer in service using DRIVES e-Services or Form MV-18J
- Not drive or let anyone else drive a vehicle that does not have a valid vehicle registration and Georgia liability insurance coverage
Posts related to
This Post Has One Comment
Thanks Chris 👍🏻