Car insurance | Get a quick quote

The post Car insurance | Get a quick quote article about Blog insurance this times many people want to know !! Today, Begin find Car insurance | Get a quick quote more this post ! You are watching nội dung về : Get a quick quote” Đánh giá về Car insurance | Get a quick quote

Quick view

Existing customer? Log in to manage your account 24/7

Car Insurance

RAC Car Insurance covers you if your car is damaged, vandalised, stolen or catches fire. We find customers our most competitive car insurance quotes from our panel of selected insurers. With our standard car insurance, you can choose from three different types of cover – comprehensive, third party fire and theft, and third party only. Our RAC Car Insurance Plus is 5-star rated from Defaqto and we’ve been voted Car Insurance Provider of the Year 2022. 

Get great quality car insurance from a brand you can trust

Get a quick quote

Top rated cover

Our RAC Car Insurance Plus is 5 star Defaqto rated

Uninsured driver cover

Keep your no claims discount even if you’re hit by an uninsured driver^

Provider of the year

Voted Car Insurance Provider of the Year 2022 by Moneyfacts

Do I need car insurance?

Motorists in the UK are required by law to have valid car insurance. Driving without car insurance is illegal and could lead to a fine, penalty points or disqualification. If you’re involved in any kind of road accident, car insurance can protect you, your vehicle and other road users by providing financial compensation to cover the costs of any damage or injuries. There are three main types of car insurance – comprehensive, third party fire and theft, and third party only.

What type of car insurance do I need?

The minimum legal requirement is third party car insurance. However, this doesn’t cover the potentially high costs of repairing any damage to your car. It also doesn’t cover you if your vehicle is stolen or damaged in a fire. Comprehensive car insurance gives you the highest cover, and protects against damage to your own vehicle, even if you’re to blame for the accident.

What is comprehensive car insurance?

Comprehensive car insurance is the most complete cover, as it protects both your car and other people’s property.

What is third party, fire and theft car insurance?

Third party, fire and theft car insurance is standard third party coverage. But it also covers your car if it’s stolen or damaged by fire. It doesn’t protect against the cost of repairs.

What is third party car insurance?

Third party car insurance is the minimum legal level of cover you need to drive a car. It covers any damage caused to other people’s property but not your own car. It’s usually the cheapest type of car insurance.

Get a quick quote

What our customers are saying

9 out of 10 customers would recommend RAC Car Insurance†

How to get cheaper car insurance

The cost of your car insurance depends on lots of factors and many of them can’t be changed. For example, the age of a driver. But to get cheaper car insurance, you could do the following:

buying a car in a lower insurance groupbuilding up your no claims discount by driving safely and responsiblydriving more carefully to minimise risk of an accidentadding a named driver, which can also help to reduce the cost of car insurance (make sure you aren’t ‘fronting’, which is illegal)looking at any difference in cost if you pay annually or monthlyincreasing the voluntary excess you’re prepared to pay on a policy**reducing your mileageusing your garage to store your car overnightpassing an advanced motoring qualification, such as Pass Plus.

**For example, if you set your excess at £150 instead of £50, the cost of your policy should reduce but you should make sure you would be able to pay this amount in event of making a claim.

If you’re a younger driver or have recently passed your test, it may be worth considering a specialist policy –such as black box car insurance – which monitors driving behaviour and rewards safe driving. In other words, the safer you drive, the cheaper your premium could be when it comes to renewing your car insurance policy.

Compare RAC Car Insurance policies

We offer four different types of car insurance policy. Our RAC Car Insurance Plus, which is comprehensive and 5-star Defaqto rated. The standard RAC Car Insurance is our next level of comprehensive cover, followed by RAC Third Party, Fire and Theft Car Insurance. We also offer Third Party Only Car Insurance.

RAC Car Insurance Plus – Comprehensive Standard RAC Car Insurance – Comprehensive Third Party, Fire and Theft Car Insurance
60 days EU cover(at the same level as in the UK)
Uninsured driver promise

Vandalism promise

Courtesy car as standard(subject to availability and eligibility)

Repairs guaranteed(for 3 years at approved garages)
Personal accident benefit



Medical expenses

Up to £250

Up to £100

Personal belongings

Up to £250

Up to £150

Transfer Home or Hotel Stay after an accident~

Child seat cover

Window glass cover

Emergency treatment

Replacement locks

Cover for accessories

Sound and sat-nav equipment

£1000Or Unlimited if manufacturer-fitted

£500Or Unlimited if manufacturer-fitted

£500Or Unlimited if manufacturer-fitted

New car benefit

You can extend your car insurance cover with our range of optional extras – including breakdown cover, a guaranteed replacement car, key care, and Motor Legal Protection. These can be added to your insurance cover before you pay.

What do I need to get a car insurance quote?

Getting a car insurance quote takes less than 10 minutes. You’ll need to provide the following information:

Personal details

This includes your full name, date of birth and home address including your postcode, as well as at least one telephone number and an email address. We’ll also ask for details about your relationship status (i.e. whether you’re single or married), and if any additional drivers need to be named on the policy.

Employment status

Whether you work and if so, whether that’s on a full-time or part time basis, self-employed or other. We’ll also need more details about your occupation and the type of business you work for.

Driving history

How long you’ve held a driving licence, your licence number, any accident history, and previous claims. Plus, whether you’ve been declined for motor insurance in the past.

Vehicle details

More information on the car you’re insuring – including the make and model, whether it’s fitted with an alarm, and any modifications that may have been made. Estimated annual mileage and where the vehicle will be parked overnight.

Other types of car insurance

If you need a more specialist type of car insurance, we also offer a range of other products – including temporary car insurance, black box car insurance, classic car insurance, and learner driver insurance.

Multi-car insurance

Temporary car insurance

Black box car insurance

Pay by Mile car insurance

Learner driver insurance

Multi-car insurance for households with more than one car. For every additional car you insure with us, you’ll receive a 10% discount.

Find out more

Temporary car insurance covers you for short term trips of between 1 hour and 30 days.

Find out more

Black box technology rates you on the way you drive, giving new and young drivers the opportunity for reduced premiums through safe driving.

Find out more

If you drive less than 6,000 miles per year, our new Pay by Mile car insurance could save you money.

Find out more

Specialist insurance for learner drivers. Protects the car owner’s no claims discount and you only pay for the time you need – from 1 day to 5 months.

Find out more

Get a quote

Get a quote

Get a quote

Electric car insurance

Car hire excess insurance

Test drive insurance

Temporary business use

Classic car insurance

Specialist electric or hybrid car insurance with battery cover as standard.

Find out more

Cover for unexpected bills when you hire a car, motorhome, or campervan in the UK or abroad.

Find out more

Short term cover for you to test drive a vehicle, or to drive it away from a forecourt or seller if you choose to buy it.

Find out more

Flexible cover for business related travel when you need it – from 1 hour to 30 days.

Find out more

Specialist insurance because you drive and use a classic car differently.

Find out more

Get a quote

Get a quote

Get a quote

Get a quote

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What does car insurance cost?

The cost of car insurance will vary according to your individual situation. For example, where you live, your age, the car you’re insuring, and any previous driving convictions you might have. See what you could be paying by doing a quick car insurance quote.

Q. Do RAC members get a discount on car insurance?

RAC members don’t get a set discount for taking out RAC Car Insurance. However, your membership status may be considered by our panel of insurers.

Q. What are car insurance groups?

All new car models are assigned to a car insurance group by the Group Rating Panel, which is administered by Thatcham Research. There are 50 car insurance groups, ranging from group No.1 – which includes cars that are the cheapest to insure – to No.50, the most expensive. Insurers will consider the group rating of a vehicle when calculating the price of a policy. So, if your car’s in a lower group, it’s likely to be cheaper to get car insurance in comparison to a model in a higher group.

Q. What are the classes of car insurance?

Class of car insurance refers to how a driver uses the vehicle they’re insuring. There are usually four main classes of car insurance, but these may differ slightly by provider. ‘Social, domestic and pleasure’ covers a motorist for everyday driving – such as trips to the shops and visits to friends and family, but not travel to and from work. ‘Social, domestic, pleasure and commuting’ adds commuting to a single regular place of work – for example, driving to the office every day.

Business use on your car insurance adds another layer of cover, enabling a driver to use the vehicle as part of their job. For example, driving to multiple sites as well as a single location. If you’re driving around the country regularly for work, this class of car insurance would be suitable.

Commercial car insurance is for motorists who use the vehicle itself for business. For example, delivery drivers, taxi drivers and driving instructors.

Q. When do I need to select business use on my car insurance?

If you’re claiming mileage from your employer or driving for work purposes, it’s a legal requirement that you select business use on your car insurance. If you’re driving for work without business use cover, you’re effectively uninsured. Examples of business use include driving to see clients or driving between multiple work locations.

Business car insurance can be more expensive, as you’re likely to be driving more miles and therefore at greater risk statistically of being involved in an accident.

Q. What is car insurance excess?

Excess is the maximum amount that you must pay if you claim on your car insurance. If the incident wasn’t your fault, this amount will be refunded to you. For most car insurance policies, you only pay excess if you’re at fault or if the insurer cannot recover the costs from third parties. However, you should check your policy documents to confirm.

There are two types of excess: compulsory and voluntary. Compulsory excess is decided by your insurer. Voluntary excess is decided by you. Choosing a higher voluntary excess could lower your premium. But you should consider if you’re able to pay this amount first. For instance, if your compulsory is £200 and your voluntary is £100, your total excess is £300.

Q. What ages do you provide insurance for?

To be eligible for RAC Car Insurance, you need to be aged between 17 and 99.

Q. Will my car modifications affect my insurance quote?

Modifying your car could affect the price you pay for your car insurance. That’s because what you do could change its performance or value. An insurer might consider a car that is more powerful as a greater risk and therefore charge a higher premium. There are some modifications that could lower the cost, like adding a parking sensor.

Modifications to aid mobility should not impact your quote. However, you will still need to let your insurer know about them before you buy.

Q. Can I drive other cars on my insurance?

This all depends on your car insurance policy. Primarily, you will be covered to drive the vehicle stated in your car insurance policy but cover to drive other vehicles doesn’t generally come as standard. You should certainly check your car insurance policy terms and conditions before driving another vehicle. 

Some comprehensive car insurance policies include Driving Other Cars (DOC) cover, but this is becoming less common. If you expect to drive another car on occasion – such as a spouse or family member – it is advisable to be a Named Driver on their policy. Or, you could look at temporary car insurance which provides cover from 1 hour to 30 days.

Q. Can I get car insurance for a month?

Most standard, traditional car insurance policies are taken out for a full year. There are alternatives – including RAC Temporary Car Insurance, which you can take out for a short period of time, from one hour up to 30 days, with no long-term contract. Or a pay as you go policy like RAC Pay by Mile car insurance, where you pay a parked premium and then only for the miles you drive on a rolling contract.

Q. I’m driving a lot less miles, could I be saving on my car insurance?

If you drive under 6,000 miles a year and are over 21, Pay by Mile car insurance may save you money. Comparing it on a like-for-like basis, paying as you go could save you up to 26%. However, every driver and vehicle combination is unique, so we can’t promise it’ll be cheaper. If you think your mileage will be increasing, then you can cancel the policy at any point. Don’t worry, there are no cancellation fees. Get a Pay by Mile car insurance quote and find out if you could save.

Q. What is a no claims discount?

A no claims discount, or no claims bonus as it is also called, is a discount that you get on your car insurance. You usually get this discount for each year you don’t claim. For example, five years without a claim would be five years of no claims discount.

Your no claims discount can be transferred over to a new policy and insurer if you choose not to renew with the same provider. You’ll need proof of this, which you can request from your previous insurer. A named driver on your policy is unlikely to earn any no claims discount.

Q. Will I lose my no claims discount if it wasn’t my fault?

If you make a claim and you were at fault – or if the insurer cannot otherwise recover costs – you’ll usually lose some, if not all, of your no claims discount (NCD). If the accident wasn’t your fault, your insurance provider may be able to reclaim the cost from the other driver involved. If this happens, your NCD could remain unaffected.

The best way to guarantee a no claims discount remains intact is to take out no claims discount protection. With NCD protection, drivers can make a claim without losing the NCD they’ve built up. However, the number of claims allowed over a period of time will differ from policy to policy.

Q. Does RAC Car Insurance we provide a courtesy car after an accident?

Both our RAC Standard Car Insurance and our Defaqto 5 star rated RAC Car Insurance Plus come with a courtesy car as standard (subject to availability and eligibility). However, not all car insurance policies will include the provision of a courtesy car in event of loss of, or damage to, the car insured. It’s important to check whether your policy provides a courtesy car.

Q. Will my car insurance cover me if I get hit by an uninsured driver?

Unfortunately, despite the risks, a large number of motorists drive without car insurance. Being in an accident with a driver who isn’t insured can be particularly frustrating, as your insurer won’t be able to recover any repair costs.

Some policies offer protection against this. When you compare car insurance, it’s worth bearing this in mind. RAC Car Insurance Plus includes our uninsured driver promise. So, if you’re hit by an uninsured driver and it wasn’t your fault, you’ll get a refund on any excesses you have had to pay out. Plus, you won’t lose your no claims discount.

Q. Can I claim for pothole damage?

Yes, you can claim for damage to your vehicle due to potholes. But your policy excess would apply and any no claims discount you hold would be affected. Pothole damage is covered by the ‘accidental damage’ section of your RAC Car Insurance policy wording.

Q. I’m worried that I might not be able to continue to make my payments – can you help?

Yes, we’re here to help. We’re aware that many things can impact people’s livelihoods and cause financial hardship. If you think you may be unable to maintain your regular policy payments, please contact us as soon as possible on 0330 159 1031. Our opening hours are Monday-Saturday, 8am-6pm.

We have specialists on hand who can discuss your individual circumstances and agree how we can help with your financial situation. There are several ways we may be able to help including moving your payment dates, agreeing partial payments or payment holidays in the short term and removing any fees applied to your policy.

Don’t wait until you miss a payment as we can help you in advance. We ask that you don’t cancel your payments or direct debits as this can result in your policy being cancelled and we don’t want you to be left uninsured, please get in touch with us in the first instance.

Q. Is breakdown covered in car insurance?

Breakdown cover can be included when you buy car insurance, but this differs from provider to provider. It’s always best to check your policy documents to see if it is included. If you’d like breakdown cover for your business, you can compare breakdown cover from the RAC here.

Q. I would like to use my insured car to transport goods within UK to aid the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine. Do I need to make changes to my policy?

No, you do not need to inform us and will continue to be covered.

Q. I would like to use my insured car within the European Economic Area to aid the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine. Do I need to contact my insurer and make changes to my policy?

No, our motor insurance policy will provide, at minimum, third party liability coverage for the duration of the insurance policy. However, we encourage you to check your policy documents carefully for limits of coverage and policy exclusions. In addition, we encourage you to familiarise yourself with regulations around the cross-border transport of goods and abide by any travel advice issued by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office.

Q. Am I allowed to drive in Ukraine when providing aid for the humanitarian crisis?

No, cover does not include driving in the Ukraine. You should also be aware that damage or injury caused by war, conflicts or similar events is common exclusion in motor insurance policies.

Related Posts

Best Cruise Insurance Plans Of February 2023

The post Best Cruise Insurance Plans Of February 2023 article about travel insurance this times many people want to know !! Today, Begin insuranceblog find Best Cruise…

Critical Illness Insurance | MetLife

The post Critical Illness Insurance | MetLife article about Blog insurance this times many people want to know !! Today, Begin insuranceblog find Critical Illness Insurance |…

COVID-19 Travel Insurance – Coronavirus Travel Insurance

The post COVID-19 Travel Insurance – Coronavirus Travel Insurance article about insurance this times many people want to know !! Today, Begin find COVID-19 Travel Insurance…

What National Insurance do I pay if I am self-employed?

The post What National Insurance do I pay if I am self-employed? article about insurance this times many people want to know !! Today, Begin find…

VINCheck® Lookup | National Insurance Crime Bureau

The post VINCheck® Lookup | National Insurance Crime Bureau article about travel insurance this times many people want to know !! Today, Begin find VINCheck® Lookup…

Vehicle insurance

The post Vehicle insurance article about insurance this times many people want to know !! Today, Begin find Vehicle insurance more this post ! You are…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *